NAME: The name of the organization shall be "The Madison Catholic Woman's Club."
PURPOSE: The object of this organization shall be to unite the women in religious, charitable, and civic responsibilities and activities.
MEMBERSHIP: Membership in the organization shall be Catholic women, residents of Madison and vicinity.
AMENDMENTS: The constitution may be amended at any General Meeting by a majority vote of members present, providing the proposed amendments have been approved by the Executive Board and notice of such amendments have been presented at a previous regular monthly meeting.
OFFICERS: The elected Officers shall be: President or Co-Presidents, President-Elect or Co-Presidents-Elect, Vice-President or Co-Vice Presidents. Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, two Auditors and Historian.
EXECUTIVE BOARD: The Executive Board shall consist of the elected Officers.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS: The Elected Officers, Immediate Past-President, Committee Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson shall be known as the Board of Directors. Each is a voting member.
TERM OF OFFICE: The term of office shall be for two full years. The Officers shall take office at the last Board Meeting usually held in May, the end of the club year.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
1. The President or Co-Presidents shall appoint a Nominating Committee at least 60 days prior to the April meeting at which time the election shall take place.
2. The Chairperson of the Nominating Committee shall have full responsibility for executing the election procedures. The Chairperson shall present a slate of Officers, and (if there are no nominations from the floor) the Recording Secretary is empowered to cast a ballot for the slate of Officers. If there are nominations from the floor, then a majority vote of those present will elect the new Officers.
3. The Vice President or Co-Vice Presidents shall automatically assume the Presidency.
VACANCIES: The President or Co-Presidents, with the approval of the Executive Board, may fill all vacancies.
MEMBERSHIP AND DUES:
1. Application for membership must be made by contacting the membership Chairperson and the payment of dues.
2. The annual dues shall be that amount which the Board of Directors approves.
3. Dues of members joining after February 1 shall be one-half of the current annual amount.
4. Members in good standing who leave Madison and vicinity may retain membership by paying a fraction of the regular dues, as stipulated by the Board of Directors. These members shall be listed as nonresidents.
5. Honorary members may be selected by the Board of Directors.
6. Those members who have become disabled and who have been long-standing members may be put on the inactive list. They shall receive the spiritual benefits.
7. Members who are delinquent in their dues shall be systematically notified and after sufficient notification be dropped from the club. Reinstatement may be had upon request of the member.
1. The President or Co-Presidents may name and form committees necessary for proper functioning of the club.
2. The President or Co-Presidents is/are member(s) Ex Officio of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
SPIRITUAL BENEFITS: There shall be Spiritual Benefits for all living and deceased members. At the time of death of a member, a Mass is requested at the parish of the deceased.
If you have any questions, please contact us.